NO to BNPP is a network of progressive organizations, social movements, academics, progressive legislators, human rights advocates, ecologists, media people, church workers, consumers movements & activists involved in preventing the immediate rehabilitation and operation of the defective Bataan Nuclear Power Plant ( BNPP) in Morong.
We look at the 7 reasons below as the basis of our unity:
- The BNPP Bill lacks feasibility study.
- The BNPP is structurally defective and unsafe.
- The BNPP Site has an unacceptably high risk of serious damage from earthquakes, volcanism, or both.
- The BNPP is an unnecessary response to faulty power shortage projections.
- The BNPP would be costly to operate and accompanied by enormous hidden costs.
- The BNPP is a glaring testimony to the government’s continuing wasteful debt policy at the expense of the peoples’ welfare.
- The BNPP is not an answer to Climate Crisis, nor an alternative to Renewable Energy.
The network is open to individuals and groups who believe that the rehabilitation and operation of the BNPP must be stopped!
Akbayan | Alliance of Progressive Labor (APL) | Association of Major Religious Superiors of the Philippines (AMRSP) | Bukluran para sa Ikauunlad ng Sosyalistang Isip at Gawa (BISIG) |Bukluran ng Manggagawang Pilipino (BMP) | Consumers and Communicators for Truthful Information (CCTI) | Ecological Waste Coalition (Ecowaste Coalition) | Faith-based Congress Against Immoral Debts (FCAID) | Fredom from Debt Coalition | Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives (GAIA) | Great Work Movement | Green Convergence | Greenpeace Southeast Asia | Healthcare Without Harm | Jubilee South | Kalayaan | Ang Kapatiran Party | Kilusan Para sa Pambansang Demokrasya (KPD) | Nuclear-Free Bataan Movement |Partido ng Maggagawa (PM) | Partido Kalikasan | Philippine Greens | Philippine Rural Reconstruction Movement | Saniblakas ng Taongbayan Foundation | Sanlakas | Sarilaya | Truth Force |Youth for Nationalism and Democracy(YND)|Youth For Sustainable Development Assembly (YSDA) | Zone One Tondo Organization (ZOTO)